Flash Advance Writer 4.0
The new software for Xtreme cards (also Flash Extreme Cards)
that takes advantage of higher writing speed available using Flash
Xtreme Linkers USB connecting. It also adds "Intelligent Save
Handling" that should take away all the trouble of figuring
out how to get the gamesaves to PC. You can use XtremeLink with
new FAL Xtreme USB or older Flash Advance Linker.
On older cards you cant use Intelligent Save Handling :( But you
can REPLACE a single GBA game on the Flash card with multiple games
without having to erase the card. Just drag and drop gba rom you
would like to add, and if there is enough space it will be added
to the card. If you don't have free space - remove one or two of
the roms and place the new one in the space you just cleared!
version 1.25.zip new!
updated v1.08b USB drivers
Advance Xtreme Linker User Manual (English)
If you have no USB drivers installed currently please just unzip
the contents of the USB driver zip file into an empty folder and
follow the steps described in the manual.
If you already have the USB drivers installed please use this method:
1. Install the new XtremeLink software
2. Locate the installation directory you installed XtremeLink to
and find the file "56554149.hex"
3. Copy this file into your <WINDOWS>\System32\Drivers directory,
overwrite the existing one
4. Unplug/Replug the linker (be sure to have XtremeLink or any other
linker software closed)
5. Fire up XtremeLink, the version number V20712 should be printed
in brackets next to "USB"
6. Done :)
- Cartridge format utility (on the write to cart tab)
- Speed improvement for linker in USB mode
- Some users reported hangs on write to 512m carts under rare circumstances.
- Entry-point address for GBA roms will not be changed anymore (trainer
- Added support for old-style 128m cart. Still it's preferred to
use the old FAW 3.2 linker
software in conjunction with those cartridges
- Some users reported "messed up" XtremeLink window