Magic Key Tool
Use Magic Key Tool to dump / backup NDS ROMS from DS game cards.
19/06/2005 - Dark Monster Team present MAGICKEY Tools V1.0
How To use the MAGICKEY Tools V1.0
1. Flash MAGICKEY Tools V1.0.nds.gba onto a NEO 512M flash card.
2. Put Original NDS game into neo Magic Key,then insert the Magic Key into NDS slot.
3. Insert the NEO 512M flash card into Nintendo DS GBA slot.
4. Turn on the NDS
5. The MAGICKEY app will load and read from NDS game and save to NEO Flash card.
6. On the screen you will see the original NDS game size / save size
type, for example "256M , EEPROM , 64K".
7. Follow what the screen says - you should pull out the MAGICKEY and re-plug in
again when the dump near finish.
8. Insert the NEO 512M cart into USB Slim Loader, run the NEO Power Kit V1.1
9. Sselect the dumped title, click the "Save Selected", then...just wait, you will
get the final RAW file in "c:\dir 1".
This does not include a loader for you to be able to use the dumps, it's only a tool to dump so you are NOT able to play the backuped game right after it was dumped.
You have to modify the rom so it will be the real RAW, because the NEO V1.1 APP
will save whole 512M rom raw to your HD even it's 128M rom only,it mean you can
delete the unused data from the original RAW file:
a. You have to open the rom you dumped in an editor like ultraedit. Check www.ultraedit.com
b. Based on the original rom size ,use "Ctrl+G" to enter the start address for unused data:
256mbit rom = 0x2000000h
128mbit rom = 0x1000000h
64mbit rom = 0x500000h
c. Then "Ctrl+D",select "Delete",fill in "999999999",enter.
d. You have a real RAW dump now. You can modify the RAW file name,and add the save
type and save size to the end,like "DEMO GAME - EEPROM 64K.nds" .
This has only been tested with 64M / 128M / 256M Nintendo DS carts. It has not been tested with 512M game
carts since we dont have any.
to be continue......
Dark Monster Team
Download MAGICKEY Tools V1.0.nds.gba
Back to NeoFlash Review
New Magic Key 2 and NeoFlash Magic Key 3 - MagicKey2 MagicKey3