XG2T SMS Functions (GBA Display)
By - lchmanny
XG-Flash 2 Turbo - Super Memory Stick
XGFLASH2 TURBO is included a brand new function in the game card
- SMS Memory System
once a save has been backup to SMS memory system, even the game card's battery
voltage is zero, the save is still remain here.
256MBIT version of XG2T have a "SRAM" memory (GBA display as "SAVE DATA") and
12 "SMS memory slot" (512MBIT has 28 "SMS memory slot")
Only the 2M SRAM memory in XG2T can run in game playing, the SMS memory
just for secure backup use only.
Version 1.22 already make SMS function more convenient:
- Main menu, press Manage button to manage game save to SRAM/SMS manually:
- Backup: to backup "Save Data" to SMS slot.
- Restore: to restore a game save from SMS slot to SRAM in order for game use.
Auto memory backup example:
Now, the save data is Super Mario 3's save, but I want to play GGXAE now, when
the user press StartGame, system will check if the game content is same as
SRAM save content, and this example is different.
System will start to check SMS slot has any Super Mario3's save:
- if SMS slots doesn't have any save of Super Mario3, system will backup the
SRAM data to a new SMS slot;
- if SMS slots has Super Mario3's save record, system will ask the user if
he/she wants to backup Super Mario3's save data and play new game:
Select Backup save data will display backup menu:
Even select backup or not, system will search SMS slot to check if there has
a save data for the new selected game:
- if there only has 1 slot new selected game data in SMS, system will auto
load that slot to SRAM and run the game. (That means auto load save)
- if there have 2 or more save data, system will load a latest save data to
SRAM (check by DATE). If you want to load a save data which is not latest date,
you may need to Restore it by manually.
» Back to XG2Turbo
Buy this Flash Linker
set at Linker4U.com
List of stores selling GBA Flash Cards