Compare R4 3DS Flash Cards
how to know which 3DS flash cartridge is best for you.
If you are finding it hard to choose the right R4 3DS flash card you are not alone. There are so many variations that at first it looks overwhelming, and most people end up buying an R4 card that may not be the best suited for their needs - learn more about DS / 3DS backup tools and than come back and buy another card. Why not read a little an buy the right card the first time around.
When trying to choose and compare all the R4 3DS flash card the questions you have to answer are:
- is price the most important parameter?
(would you be willing to pay extra $20 for a card that can play GBA, SNES, MAME and even DOS games or you just want something that can run NDS ROMs and basic emulators like NES, GAMEBOY, Atari and other 8-bit video games)
- would you like to use your R4 card to play movies?
Aall R4i cards can do that but are you willing to spend time converting the video files to R4DS format on PC or would you like to pay that little bit extra to get a flash card that has a built in co-processor and DivX Player that can play DivX, MKV, WMV and XviD AVI files directly from torrent downloads without any need to convert.
what I am leading to is that in the end you have a choice between SuperCard DSTWO which costs about the same as 1 Original game cartridge or R4 3DS and alternatives that have less features but can cost a third of what SuperCard 3DS goes for.
Here is a list of different DS / DSi / 3DS flash card sites where you can research some more and compare the features and compatibility of the R4 cards before you choose which one to buy.
- EZ-Flash 3DS - easy to use flashcart for N3DS and DSi XL with a friendly interface.
- SuperCard DSTWO - for playing Gameboy Advance ROMs on DSi and GBA on 3DS.
- CycloDS iEvolution - use this Cyclo iEvo card to unlock DSi Mode on DSi and N3DS.
- R4 3DS Card - reviews, firmware updates, comparison of Nintendo rom backup tools.
- R4 3DS - the official R4i Gold SDHC Nintendo flash cartridge adapter website.
- AceKard 3 - cheap 3DS compatible alternative cart with good support.
- R4 3DS Chip - How to Jailbreak and Unlock N3DS for playing copied games.
- R4 DS ROMs - Nintendo DS Roms, 3DS ROM files and emulators for classic consoles.
- 3DS Emulator - PC Windows 7 & Vista, Android and for Mac OSX.
- R4 Shop - official online retailer with free delivery to UK, USA, Europe, Canada.
EZ-Flash Team, the makers behind the famous EZ-Flash Vi, has come up with a package that includes both the mother device and a 3-in-1 expansion pack that promises interesting features and functionality that come with the package. This is known as the EZ-Flash Vi Bundle edition and it features advanced PDA interface and easy-to-use software wherein you don’t have to flash your game system, to use a passkey device, or patch files. This will allow you to focus more on your game and enjoy with extra multimedia functions like mp3 and photos.
The EZ-Flash 5i comes with a lot of features and functions that DS gamers will enjoy. Some of these include:
- Perfect original cartridge size
- microSD side loading
- Direct boot
- Uses microSD as external storage for files
- Custom Bootloader
- Dual Read Mode, and lots more.
For the 3-in-1 expansion pack, it comes with 256 MB GBA card, NDS rumble pack, and an NDS browser expansion pack. The data when the expansion is used remains even after the power goes off and can be used as a GBA card on its own.
In terms of usability, the EZ-Flash 5 works like any other flash cart. The microSD card fits inside through the side of the flash cart and has no spring loaded feature when removing and inserting the card so manual release is required. The package does’t include a USB card reader and a software CD, so you’re going to have to buy the card reader separately and download important information through the company website.